Friday, May 31, 2013

An Important Issue and A Great Movie

Promised Land is a movie worth watching. The issue of fracking is one I have thought about and discussed with people, but after seeing this movie, I feel a strong need to really do my research and understand this issue. I like this movie so much because it really made me think hard about fracking (and because I liked the story line).

Matt Damon's character says that if people are against fracking for natural gas, then they are "for coal and oil". And then he mentions the alternative of "cutting consumption", a "conversation" he says nobody wants to have. The conversation of reducing consumption is exactly the one everyone needs to be having.

Definitely a movie worth watching and a part of larger energy issue worth thinking about. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment